Thursday, September 03, 2009

I dream of a Jin

In my attempt to write a story I wrote this:

I:
Who are you??(With irritation on face)

And what are you doing on my shoulder?

Will you please speak?

And you are so heavy?
Get off me, get off, get off….

Jin:
I am a jin and please accept my greetings aaka.
< Jin Starts dancing >

I:
Aaka?a jin???? What do you mean by that? And Why are you speaking like me?
< Jin keeps dancing>
Stop it, stop it , why are you dancing?

Jin:
Aaka I am a jin and I am here for you? And I speak like my master. But you speak like this (imitating his Master’s voice) , so I am speaking like this.
And why m I dancing??? I ‘ll tell you later.

I:
Really?? MY Jin? And you would do what I want?



Jin:
Yes Aaka. I will do all you want.

I :
Go bring my bag?

Jin :
I don’t need to go anywhere aaka. I’ll get it in a fillip or a blink of eye.
< Blinks and gets the bag>
Here is your bag.

I:
Good Good!!
Okay..what is your name ?

Jin:
What do you want my name to be aaka?

I:
I want your name to be … hmmm … hmmmm…. Chinku.

Jin:

Thank God , you are the first man who has given me a name which is not ARAB. Why do every one think that Jins are found in Arab and there names should an arab one. Thank you master. I love my Name , Chinku. It is cute, isn’t it?

I:
Hmm..
But I had always wanted a Jeanny, like the one in that serial, the Sidney Sheldon one. A beautiful and intelligent jeanny.

Jin :
But aaka, there are no Jeannies now on our planet, otherwise what do you think we are so jobless that we would come to earth? I was dancing because after coming to earth I saw females after a long time. (Shyly).

(With a sad face) I was so happy till my last wife died.

I :
Last wife??? What do you mean? How many wives did you have ??

Jin : ( Shyly)Starts counting…
21

I :
Whaaaat ?
Tweeeeenty One?

Jin:

Yes aaka about a 100 years back sex ratio on our planet was very good. And I was the best looking Jin there so I got a couple of wives extra than others.

I:
Wow..
Can you get Katrina Kaif to marry me. ( Shyly )

Jin:
What are you talking about aaka…If I could .. wouldn’t I marry her myself.


I:
Oh.. You seem to be useless, you are good only for carrying my bag.

Jin:
No aaka I am good for many things. I can cook good food for you, do your laundry in a second and I can make you fly without wings.

I:
Alright alright but without Katrina its all waste.

Jin:
Oh aaka.. Please don’t worry. We will enjoy without Katrina.

I: Ok Ok.. now tell me what brings you on earth.

Jin:
Now things are not good on my planet. The sex ratio has gone down real bad and There are no girls up there.
( and he becomes sad ).

I :
Why what happened?

Jin :
We don’t have any now, not even one girl child on our planet.

I :
Whaaat? How did this happen?

Jin:

Aaka, We were very conservative people, we hated girl child, we all wanted all boys in our family, I have 75 sons. But no daughter.
Slowly slowly the ratio went down and we dint care about it. Now there are all guys.

I:
Oh that is very sad.

Jin:
Yes it is ,

I :
Good You came to Delhi, I heard here the sex ratio is 50 50. You can learn how to be wise and love girl child also.


Jin:
Is that possible? Who would show me that?

I:
Yes why not.
Let me call someone to tell you how to be wise.

< I woke up .. >
Chinku!! Chinku!! Chinku!!!.. where are you?

Oh… yawn.. CHinku.. Chinku.. Chinku.. where are you… was I dreaming ????

Oh I was, but Friends, This dream, if it comes true, ever for us, It would be a nightmare.
We should not discriminate between the girl and boy child.
Love them, love them all.

4 comments:

Writefully Yours said...

nice story..nicer message. :)

kritika said...

gr8 msg..... bt realli sad dat major chunk of the population lives wid dis thought...... discrimination is d antethesis of equality....n d recognition of it vl foster d dignity of each individual.....hope 2 c evry1 enjoyng dat dignity soon.....

kritika said...

gr8 msg..... bt realli sad dat major chunk of the population lives wid dis thought...... discrimination is d antethesis of equality....n d recognition of it vl foster d dignity of each individual.....hope 2 c evry1 enjoyng dat dignity soon.....

Rj said...

a witty story, and a nice msg. sad thought that you didnt get Katrina.. :-)