Thursday, September 03, 2009

Are you happy?

Am I happy?
Am I the person I truly am or I wanted to be?
Or I am just a customized application running in a platform independent World? Trying to please everyone, feeding my family, fulfilling their basic needs, taking care of parents,
Fulfilling social obligations and minding in my own business.
Is this what I do?
Please ask yourself these questions everyday.
All the living beings on this planet!! These questions are not about finding out if you are happy. It is about showing you a mirror in which you would see what you have made of yourself. Some of you, hopefully, would realize that, yes I am happy and satisfied with the way I am spending each and everyday of my life, for others it would be, for sure, an eye opener.

I get up 5 out of 7 mornings each week get ready for office, spend my day facing challenges at work place, trying to cope up with them, then suddenly random personal life challenges which are to be taken care of immediately hit me right in face, I prioritize and I resolve, I find time to take a cup of tea with anyone who would come along, day ends with a random emotion, may be a small appreciation for my work would just make my day or a set back would screw it up completely. I reach home more or less tired, I eat and sleep. Some of you may add watching TV or listening to songs in this schedule and married ones may add a couple more things that they “Have” to do.


We spend time in criticizing others, blaming system for almost everything, procrastinating important things and a lot more which is “NOT important”, what we do not do is spend time with our own selves. How many times in a week, ok, not in a week, not in a month, but in a year do you sit with yourself, happily, thinking about yourself? How much time do you give to your family, your friends, your passion, your hobbies and yourself?

How many days do you get up in morning and as soon as you look at your face in the mirror, you say “Wow, another lovely day”.
Do you remember when the last time you felt that was?

That brings out another question:

Are you in a rut my friend?
Don’t you think in this struggle to survive you have lost yourself?

Introspection at all the steps of the life is very important to hold you on the right path. And please tell me why you can not even find time for that.
Some one has said “Had I known that I would live so long, I would have taken better care of myself.”
You want to be that guy?
If yes please go ahead and close this window. If not then here is something to help things improve.

I have already shown you the problem, this is the time for solution, not because you already do not know it, but because it is important to hear it sometimes, to get motivated to take a step towards improving the quality of life.

How important are you?

What are you thinking? Dumb question? Still answer it..

You my friend can you please tell me how important are you? Not for others, but for you ? Now answer all the questions that I asked in my speech. And answer one for me right now. How much time do you give to yourself?

Friends, this is not a personality development article, it is a reality check, it is to tell you that among all the things in your life, one thing that was most important, is the most important and will remain same, you have kept it at the lowest priority, that is, You, some of you probably wont agree with me, but for most of us it is true. We forget to take care of ourselves while taking care of almost everything.
I would like to remind you that spending time with yourself is the most important thing.
I read it some where on web -
It is very important to reflect on your past, present and future, to discover how you really feel, and most importantly, to realize that you can depend on yourself to make good choices for your life. I don’t care how old you are, teenager, twenty-something, middle-aged or a senior citizen you need time to listen to your thoughts, compare ideas, see what sounds exciting and what is just someone else’s idea for you.

Now my advice to you is “Stay alone for a while away from all the world, away from all the miseries, all the tensions and all the problems.”

I came across this amazing concept while looking for this topic. “Do Nothing “.
“Do Nothing” sometimes, Doing nothing does not necessarily mean that you have to literally do nothing, You may just walk around the house or office, doing what you think needs to be done , water the plants, look at your college pictures, watch an old video that you made with your friends, sit down close your eyes and just wander at all the places you want to go, imagine people you want to be with, enjoy Doing nothing, enjoy when someone asks “what are you doing? “ , reply with a smile and say “Nothing”.
Remember following: (from CP)
1) Pay attention to who you are and 2) take time to be alone, Try it you might just like it.

Now answer Do you recharge battery of your cell phone regularly?

Just like the battery of your cell phone – recharge yourself everyday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

he he !! I have tried this and I agree it feels amazing :)

Unknown said...

he he !! I have tried this and it feels amazing :)